11 June 2018 Social Media Post: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
Sunday night at 9pm is when I generally slow down and settle into another breathtaking episode of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Anthony Bourdain had an ability to transport me to Oman, Charleston, Rome, Armenia, Beruit or wherever his wandering soul had taken him.
Suicide is not generally talked about and the statistics are sobering:
1. Suicide rates increased by 25% across the United States over nearly two decades ending in 2016
2. Suicide is one of the top 10 causes of death in the US.
3. Every state with the exception of Nevada experienced an increase in suicide rates from 1999 through 2016 (Nevada declined 1%).
4. Veterans made up about 18% of adult suicides but represent about 8.5% of the US adult population.
5. 54% of those who committed suicide in 2015 did not have a known mental health condition.
Studies have shown that the risk of suicide declines sharply when people call the national suicide hotline: 1-800-273-TALK.
There is also a crisis text line. For crisis support in Spanish, call 1-888-628-9454.
At Santa Monica Primary Care, our After Hours Emergency Line is answered 24 hours / 7 days a week. 310-828-4411 is our number. Call it. Any time. We’re here to help.
𝗦𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗨𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿
by submitting this form you indicate you have
of Use. Please contact us to for us for more